You Need Power…
In-Wall Power Installation 3 Options:
- Wall mounted HDTV’s or ceiling mounted projectors need power.
- Don’t want to have ugly cords hanging down outside the wall.
- Can’t put the TV power cord or any type of extension cord inside a wall or ceiling.
- Flat Screen HDTV and Projectors should be protected from power surge.
- Hiring an electrician to install a regular outlet can be expensive.
Hire an electrician
Expect to pay $175-$400 to schedule and hire an electrician to retro-install a regular power outlet in the wall. In addtion to high cost, this will not provide a method to plug into external power surge protection, or a cable management solution.
Do it yourself with electrical parts from the hardware store
- Know how to calculate the additional power extension load on that circuit. Is it a 15 amp or 20 amp circuit?
- Does it branch to or from other outlet receptacles or switches on the circuit?
- Does the junction box have enough rated fill-area to allow additional wiring connections to meet Code requirement?
Unless you’re skilled with the knowledge of working directly with electricity, PowerBridge does not recommend this potentially risky option, it can be tricky to do safely and correctly to meet code. This type of DIY installation changes and modifies the existing premise wired circuit and calculated load, which may not be rated to add to, a permit and inspection may be required to do this type of “branch-wire” / extension from the back of an existing outlet. PowerBridge strongly recommends to check with your local building inspector office before attempting this DIY installation for state and local requirements
PowerBridge Solution Installation
Installing PowerBridge takes all the guess work out. Everything is supplied, with detailed instruction.
Safe and easy to install. No calculations of circuit loads. No modification or change of the premise wiring circuit. You will never be in contact with live electricity. Saves you money, time and frustration. Just plug it in, to power it up.
Plus, the benefit of protecting your expensive flat panel or projection HDTV with surge protection connection.